Grace Baptist church meets on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. for Sunday School and 11:00 a.m. for worship and Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m.
What does it mean to follow Christ?
To follow Christ implies:
- A knowledge of Christ and His truth. No man can really follow the Redeemer without some understanding of Him. This is the result of the Spirit’s enlightening operations.
- It implies dissatifaction with a life of sin, and a conviction of the superior excellence of a holy life. This is the result of the Spirit’s enlightening operations.
- It implies a decision for Christ. The resolve of the heart to love Him and follow Him, “Lord, I am yours!”
- It implies renunciation of everything that stands in competition with Christ. The disciples surrendered everything. They got up, left everything and followed Him!” Just so, the sinner must surrender his worldly desires, his darling sins, his impure pleasures, his self-interest in the world and the creature, however dear, if it is a competitor with Christ. In Mark 8:34-35 Jesus called the crowd to Him along with His disciples and said: If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it!”.
- Dependence upon Christ’s sacrifice for acceptance with God and for all needful blessings.
- It implies prompt obedience to all Christ’s commandments. “Follow Me,” Jesus said and they left everything and followed Him!”
Sunday School 10:00am
Morning Worship 11:00am
Worship Service 6:30pm